Tuesday 24 June 2008

And then there were two

Last week I was browsing the web looking for anything at all relating to the ambulance. I typed "Morris ld ambulance" into google and came up with an eBay entry for just that. The next thing I know I'm doing a bit of maths and working out that buying this ambulance would make a lot of sense even if it just gets used for parts. I have been looking for the original seats anyway and having a spare windscreen stashed away wouldn't hurt a bit. So a few emails were exchanged and I arranged to go and view it on Sunday.

Extremely conveniently my friend Ed lives 15 miles from where it's parked up and I remember he has a Land Roverand a huge garden. When I got to Ed's house I had to laugh when I saw, two Land Rovers, two people carriers, two vans, a huge Nissan 4x4 and a couple of cars. Also two portakabins, a trailer and a caravan. There's just enough room to squeeze my MX5 onto the drive.

After some Sunday lunch we head off to see the Morris. It's in very good condition compared to the first one. All it needs is the brakes fixing and the prop shaft repairing or replacing, so I bought it there and then.

Ed has put me in touch with a local mechanic and after I finish writing this post I'm going to call him and see what the next step will be.

No comments: