Saturday 19 September 2009

No such thing as a quick fix

At about 10am I started the little job of replacing the damaged top hose. It's now 3:30 pm and I've just finished. Finished that is as long as the job I've done holds and I wont be able to test that until tomorrow when the silicon seal has cured completely.

The replacement part is a Ford Transit top hose but of course the part it's replacing isn't. Or at least that's the way it seems. I managed to persuade the new one on after quite a bit of puffing and panting but it certainly isn't much like the one that came off.


Good old Gaffa Tape. I was as surprised as anyone that this repair got us home.




While I was there I thought I'd have a look at the leaking thermostat housing and worked out that it doesn't need replacing but that there is a gasket missing, or some kind of sealant. I put everything away and headed off to Catford on the bus. The Mazda is overdue for its MOT so I couldn't take it.

You can see the sealant in the photos it's the blue stuff.






Tomorrow I'll fill her up with water and run the engine for a while to see if there are any leaks.



2 comments:

Mike said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Traveller Dave said...

Looks like your all still having fun with the LD ?? my Albion's the same , always something to fix .. when I can find & get parts sent to france that is !
Bon voyage .
Traveller Dave