Sunday 14 December 2008

It's ALIVE!

Today I went to Rolls and Rem's to see about the cushion covers and choose a fabric. I had decided not to use the brown fake suede and went for a deep green heavy duty corduroy instead. On the way home I stopped off at Halfords and bought some bulbs that looked right.

Later I spent a while just sitting in the cab listening to the rain falling on the roof and watching little drips find their way down the inside of her windscreen and form pools on the dashboard which eventually overflowed and found their way out of a small rust hole in the floor.

I used one of the bulbs I bought to find out which of the dangling cables were live or not. I unscrewed the cover of the cab light and luckily the bulb was indeed exactly the same as the ones I had bought. I replaced it with a new one and flicked the switch....nothing. I decided to look at it again in the morning.

I sat back again and relaxed. About 15 minutes later the light came on. I hadn't moved anything or touched anything. I'd forgotten all about it.

There's something really calming and comfortable about being in Althea.

No comments: